Quality Manager, Shenzhen China
We live and breathe innovation – We enjoy the ride
CabinAir aims to improve the health, safety, and wellbeing of drivers and passengers, by producing industry-leading in-cabin air purification solutions for cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles.
We are looking for a Quality Manager to be part of our journey as we expand our businesses.
What you'll do
As Quality Manager at a Tier 1 supplier to the Automotive industry, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality standards are achieved throughout the manufacturing and supply chain processes. You will play a vital role in maintaining customer satisfaction, optimizing operational efficiency, and driving continuous improvement initiatives. Your expertise in quality management systems, industry regulations, and best practices will be crucial in achieving organizational goals and maintaining compliance with automotive quality standards. Practical experience from German Automotive standards like VDA 6.3/6.5, VDA Band 2 (Production Process and Product Approval) are crucial for this role.
- Continue to develop our current QMS, aligned with IATF 16949 standards and additional IATF 16949 Customer Specific Requirements, to ensure consistent adherence to quality processes and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of the requirements and structure of VDA 6.3. This includes knowledge of its purpose, scope, and how it aligns with other quality standards such as IATF 16949 / ISO 9001.
- Establish key quality objectives and performance indicators, regularly monitor and report on quality metrics to senior management.
- Conduct internal audits according to VDA 6.3/6.5 and IATF 16949 to identify areas for improvement and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Customer Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customer quality concerns, addressing issues promptly and effectively to maintain strong relationships. Managing customer claims and internal product/process deviation by the 8D process.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their quality requirements and ensure that products and services meet or exceed expectations.
- Lead and participate in customer audits, providing necessary documentation and resolving any identified non-conformities.
- Supplier Quality Management:
- Implement a comprehensive supplier quality management program, including supplier evaluation, selection, and performance monitoring.
- Conduct supplier audits according to VDA 6.3/6.5 and additional parts in IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 to assess compliance with quality and environmental requirements and drive improvements in supplier performance.
- Collaborate with suppliers to resolve quality issues, implement corrective actions, and ensure continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost savings through the application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Lead cross-functional teams in root cause analysis and problem-solving activities to resolve quality issues and prevent recurrence.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, providing training and support to employees at all levels to foster a quality mindset.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay up to date with automotive industry regulations, standards, and customer-specific requirements to ensure compliance throughout the organization.
- Implement and maintain relevant quality certifications, such as ISO 9001/ IATF 16949/ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, ensuring successful audits and recertification.
- Team Management and Development:
- Providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to ensure direct employee(s) professional growth and effectiveness, and provide constructive feedback to drive individual and team excellence.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promoting teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
Who you are
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and a great eye for quality. You are structured in your way of work and not discouraged by ambiguity and uncertainties.
It is important that you have good collaborative skills and take initiative to solve tasks. The position requires that you are thorough and structured and that you can express yourself well in English, both orally and in writing (with Chinese as your native language). Proficiency in German would be an advantage.
We believe that you have more than 10 years of quality working experience in manufacturing companies, especially in the automotive industry, of which at least 5 years as Quality Manager.
You need to have in-depth knowledge of automotive quality standards, such as IATF 16949, and a strong understanding of quality core tools such as APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA and VDA process-, product audits and layout inspection (IATF 16949) or requalification audit (VDA).
You will be based at CabinAir Tech, Shenzhen, Guangming, China and report to our General Manager in China, with daily interactions with the Headquarter in Sweden, and regular interaction with customers as well as with government agencies. You will have close collaboration with the Global Head of Quality in terms of strategies, overall planning of continuous improvement, internal & external audits and risk management.
Please note that all applicants must possess a valid work permit and visa that authorizes them to work in China. CabinAir does not provide assistance or sponsorship for obtaining these documents.
Who we are
We are proud to be pioneers. From the start, we’ve had the most advanced air purification technology. We are constantly experiencing the joy of innovation as we challenge conventional thinking, and we are dedicated to delivering solutions that contribute to the health and well-being of drivers and passengers everywhere. Based at Headquarter in Stockholm where all functions are represented, we are an international fast expanding team of passionate and committed employees with factory and R&D in Shenzhen and sales offices in Shanghai and Los Angeles. In total, we are about 80 passionate CabinAir employees.
Our technology is already on the road in Volvo Cars, some of the world’s most highly regarded vehicles in terms of driver and passenger health and safety, as an integral part of Volvo Cars’ Advanced Air Cleaner (AAC) system. Recently Polestar announced AAC for Polestar 3 and we have just signed other contracts with premium vehicle manufacturers from Europe. U.S and China. In parallel, we are launching our technology for cars already on the road.
The next step
Do you find this interesting, and do you agree with our values Proud, Quality, Character and Dedicated? If yes, please send your application to recruiting coordinator Candy Ma email@example.com not later than 31st of May 2023.
Please note that we are accepting only direct job applications for this position (not through recruiting or staffing agencies)..
We bring you healthy air for the ride. And the journey has only begun!