Quality Engineer, Shenzhen China
We live and breathe innovation – We enjoy the ride
CabinAir aims to improve the health, safety, and wellbeing of drivers and passengers, by producing industry-leading in-cabin air purification solutions for cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to be part of our journey as we expand our business.
What you'll do
As a Quality Engineer at a Tier 1 supplier to the Automotive industry, you will play a vital role in ensuring the highest level of quality standards are achieved throughout the manufacturing and supply chain processes. Collaborating closely with the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our quality management system, monitoring production processes, and implementing corrective actions to ensure consistent product excellence. Your expertise and attention to detail will be instrumental in driving our commitment to delivering top-quality products to our customers.
- Work closely with the Quality Manager to develop, implement, and maintain robust quality management systems in accordance with automotive industry standards and customer requirements.
- Prepare quality control documentation such as control plan and documentation for management systems.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to monitor compliance with quality standards, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, production, and supply chain, to develop and implement quality control processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Investigate and analyze product or process non-conformances, perform root cause analysis, and develop effective corrective and preventive action plans according to our 8D process.
- Lead and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, such as lean manufacturing to enhance quality performance and operational efficiency.
- Perform statistical analysis and utilize quality tools to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), identify trends, and drive data-driven decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with suppliers to establish and maintain robust supplier quality management processes, including audits and performance evaluations.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements, and regulatory requirements related to automotive quality standards, incorporating relevant changes into the quality management system.
Who you are
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and a great eye for quality. You are structured in your way of work and not discouraged by ambiguity and uncertainties.
It is important that you have good collaborative skills and take initiative to solve tasks. The position requires that you are thorough and structured and that you can express yourself well in English, both orally and in writing (with Chinese as your native language).
- Associate degree or above, preferably in a scientific discipline and at least 3 years of experience in the quality assurance field, with a focus on the automotive industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in electronics manufacturing, assembly, coupled with a solid understanding of quality tools and problem-solving methodologies like 8D, 5 Why, Ishikawa (Fishbone), Fault tree analysis. Automotive experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in quality plant management, with the ability to drive process improvements and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Excellent organizational abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to foster strong customer relationships and address their quality-related concerns effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of automotive quality standards, such as IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3/6.5.
- Take ownership of incoming material and finished product quality, ensuring adherence to defined quality standards and specifications.
- Implement effective quality control measures to assess and maintain process capability (CPK) across our operations, optimizing product quality and consistency.
- Ability to guide operators and other relevant roles within the company to quality management and control the outcome.
- Investigate and address customer complaints and internal product and process deviations, collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence acc to our 8D process.
- Demonstrated ability to balance quality requirements with cost considerations in a manufacturing environment.
You will be based at CabinAir Tech, Shenzhen, Guangming, China and report to our Quality Manager in China, with daily interactions cross-functional teams.
Please note that all applicants must possess a valid work permit and visa that authorizes them to work in China. CabinAir does not provide assistance or sponsorship for obtaining these documents.
Who we are
We are proud to be pioneers. From the start, we’ve had the most advanced air purification technology. We are constantly experiencing the joy of innovation as we challenge conventional thinking, and we are dedicated to delivering solutions that contribute to the health and well-being of drivers and passengers everywhere. Based at Headquarter in Stockholm where all functions are represented, we are an international fast expanding team of passionate and committed employees with factory and R&D in Shenzhen and sales offices in Shanghai and Los Angeles. In total, we are about 80 passionate CabinAir employees.
Our technology is already on the road in Volvo Cars, some of the world’s most highly regarded vehicles in terms of driver and passenger health and safety, as an integral part of Volvo Cars’ Advanced Air Cleaner (AAC) system. Recently Polestar announced AAC for Polestar 3 and we have just signed other contracts with premium vehicle manufacturers from Europe. U.S and China. In parallel, we are launching our technology for cars already on the road.
The next step
Do you find this interesting, and do you agree with our values Proud, Quality, Character and Dedicated? If yes, please send your application to recruiting coordinator Candy Ma email@example.com not later than 31st of May 2023.
Please note that we are accepting only direct job applications for this position (not through recruiting or staffing agencies).
We bring you healthy air for the ride. And the journey has only begun!